Founders Girls Lacrosse – SafeSport™ Training for Coaches
The "SafeSport Trained" Core Module is required of all Founders Girls Lacrosse League coaches officially assigned to a team and who are listed on the LeagueAthletics team page as either a head or assistant coach. The Core Module is to be completed every two years. The objectve upon completion of this course is to understand the core concepts behind creating a safe and positive sport environment and learn how to identify, prevent and respond to issues of misconduct. Course fee: $20. Part-time or occasional parent helpers are not requried to complete training.
Download a PDF of instructions with screen shots
Instructions for coaches to register with the US Center for SafeSport™ and select the appropriate Founders League town program. Once registered, coaches can enroll for courses.
- Go to https://athletesafety.org and click on “Sign-in” located in the upper right of the screen.
- Click on the “Register” Button.
- Complete the following form, then click “Continue”.
- Complete the following form and click on “Add Membership” at the bottom of the page.
- In the Select an Organization field, type “Founders…” and then select your town program.
Prepaying for Training
If a Founders Town Program wants to purchase bulk training for their coaches, they are good for 12 months and are sold in 10-pack training bundles. To order your prepaid trainings, you can email:
and include the following information:
- Name of FGLL Town Program
- Number of coaches
- Name of course
- Contact information (name, email & cell) for US Center for SafeSport to follow up
SafeSport Training from Another Sport/Organization
Coaches may recieve training from any organizaton or sport. They do not need to take this training via FGLL. Town Program Directors simply need to maintain a list of coaches and who is SafeSport compliant. You do not need to provide the league with this information.